Kids and adults gave two thumbs up to these high-protein, flourless brownies at last night’s fireworks watching. Adapted from the healthy food website Prevention RD.
- 1 (15-oz) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp oil (olive, hemp, or canola)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp instant coffee or expresso, or ground coffee
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided use
Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
Put all the ingredients, except ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips, in a blender or food processor and blend well.
Pour batter in prepared pan and smooth to edges.
Sprinkle remaining ½ cup chocolate chips on top of batter.
Bake for 25–30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.